The personal information we collect
- The types of personal information we may collect from and about you includes your name, email address, mail address, telephone number, age group, demographic information including postcode, and other personal information that you provide to us, directly or indirectly, through our Site, associated applications and social media platforms and/or accounts from which you permit us to collect information.
Use of personal information
We may collect, hold, use and disclose personal information for the following purposes:
- for information on Australians’ views on a Climate Change Act;
- to enable you to access and use our Site, associated applications and social media platforms;
- to contact and communicate with you including to keep you updated on the Climate Change Act progress and other campaigns relating to climate change and accountability;
- for internal record keeping and administrative purposes, and for analytics, market research and business development, including to operate and improve our Site, associated applications and social media platforms; and
- to comply with our legal obligations and resolve any disputes.
Disclosure of personal information
We may disclose personal information to:
- our employees, contractors, agents and/or related entities;
- third party service providers including for the purpose of enabling them to provide their services, including (without limitation) IT service providers, data storage, web-hosting and server providers, professional advisors and payment systems operators; and
- courts, tribunals, regulatory authorities and law enforcement officers, as required by law, in connection with actual or prospective legal proceedings, or in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights.
By providing us with personal information, you consent to the disclosure of your personal information to third parties who reside outside Australia and acknowledge that we are not required to ensure that those third parties comply with Australian privacy laws.
How we treat personal information that is sensitive information
Sensitive information is a subset of personal information that is given a higher level of protection under the Australian Privacy Principles. Sensitive information includes information relating to your political opinions. Such information will only be made available publicly, in an anonymised way.
Your rights and controlling your personal information
Restrict: You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information. If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by contacting us using the details below.
Access: You may request details of the personal information that we hold about you. An administrative fee may be payable for us providing this information. In circumstances set out in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth), we may refuse to provide personal information we hold about you.
Correction: If you believe information we hold about you is inaccurate, out of date, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading, please contact us using the details below. We will take reasonable steps to correct any information found to be inaccurate, incomplete, misleading or out of date.
Complaints: If you believe we have breached the Australian Privacy Principles and wish to make a complaint, please contact us using the details below and provide us with full details of the alleged breach. We will investigate your complaint and respond to you in writing, setting out the outcome of our investigation and the steps we will take to deal with your complaint.
Unsubscribe: To unsubscribe from our e-mail database or opt-out of communications please contact us using the details below or opt-out using the opt-out facilities provided in the communication.
Storage and security
Data, cookies and web beacons
- Our systems may collect browser session and geo-location data, device and network information, statistics on page views and sessions, acquisition sources, search queries and/or browsing behaviour; and information about your access and use of our Site, including through the use of Internet cookies, your communications with our Site, the type of browser you are using, the type of operating system you are using and the domain name of your Internet service provider.
Links to other websites
For questions or notices, please contact us at:
Warringah Independent Limited ACN 630 440 514
Date: 2 February 2020